Monday, September 16, 2013

A thought as to the truth of “The more that I possess the less that I own”



The more I possess – the more likely that those things that I possess begin to  
Create an identity, persona and image of who I am. And that becomes the currency of
How others perceive me and eventually how I perceive myself. Stuff brings us attention,
validation, affirmation, recognition, and honor. It isn’t long until we turn ourselves in and out
to have the things, say the things and do the things – to continue the “created image” IV-drip.
Eventually, I lose who I am to whom do you want me to be. Eventually – the cry of soul emerges
as we literally experience the truth of the statement “I am looking for myself” – it has become
lost in my stuff. I do not “own” myself any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment