Saturday, June 15, 2013

Why we can't trust our thoughts - Part 2 - This post takes a circuitous route starting with the journey of the soul

Again, what is it about us that impacts our thoughts that allow us to only see our slice of reality? There is a parable about 5 people who are blind and each of them are holding onto 5 different parts of the elephant. While none of them know and experience that it is in its totality an elephant, each one is able to grasp an aspect of the elephant and each part of the elephant gives them an authentic, true experience of that slice of reality. Each one can swear according to what they know and the can be right according to their own experience but there is so much more for each of them to grasp and experience than meets the eye. What influences our slice?

I feel as though we are nothing more than a free will entity, a consciousness - part an parcel of our Neshama (soul) and we were in the heavens existing in the fullness of the radiance of above. All of a sudden the Almighty calls us to action. "Mr Soul # 178, 456,345 we have an assignment for you down on earth. You are like "are you kidding me, I don't have time for that". "I've got this great opportunity to study your truth with this very special soul who used to teach thousands of people, then I'm meeting with all the grandparents I have had through the ages" , I'm taking a stroll with 3 of the most special grand-children that I have had".... I could go on and on! "I can't possibly go". "I don't want to". "I love my life here, I can't wait to spend my days here-they are all full of illumination, love, beauty -everything that I had always longed for in my heart and soul on earth exist in spades here without any obstacles, blocks, interference- I love it here, please don;t make me go!

Hashem then says to us " as special as you know it is here, as much as you love it, there is so much more to experience here that you aren't getting to", "I want more for you, for your sake, not mine". I do see here how much you love your time, your days , you just can't wait every day to experience all you do.... but there is more for you. You can only enjoy the light and radiance according to how much you know me. What is available for you up here is limited to how you refined your taste buds for righteousness, truth and goodness, how much you refined your character traits to be "pardon the self aggrandizement" G-d like - how compassionate, merciful and loving you are, your amount of truly kind acts for people, self sacrificing when you wanted to do something else with your time, money and energy for yourself but you held yourself back and did for others, how much you developed strength - self control; delayed gratification, the ability to transcend normal self centeredness, your refinement of how you channeled yourself away from jealousy, lust (desire) and the search for honor and last but most important, the constant preoccupation of studying my wisdom that gave you the secrets and keys of how to accomplish everything I said above. In short, a person is in total control of how they experience their life up here, it is what you made of yourself down below. According to how you made your life spiritual within and through a physical world frame, and your spiritual attainments are exactly who you make yourself into and carry that with you into the world of souls-life beyond this life. Having said that " I know you can accomplish more, I want more for you, underneath it all you really want more for yourself, you were created for more - you are going!

You are like "okay what can I really say back to God"? Like what do I really know? Like ... he's God... (you still don't want to go -it's certainly not real to you everything that God said- you don;t really know because you haven't experienced what he is talking about. So you're like "tell me again why i have to go"? Hashem says "in short- all this pleasure that you experience here is dependent upon the spiritual muscles you grow down below" - Look I don't want to fool you -there is a price tag to everything you experience on earth - but it's all for your good-to refine yourself, build yourself, create yourself -spiritual greatness. You say to Hashem "please level with me" - it's so amazing up here I really "forgot" what it is was like to acquire this spirituality. Hashem replies look " It's not easy, it won't always be pretty, it's a life totally up and down, painful a lot, things hardly ever turn out the way you would like them to, disappointments, frustrations, pain, - everything worthwhile takes energy, discipline, planing, goal-setting, perseverance, -it's all one big struggle but - it is I am telling you a %100 all worth it-every second. You can't have an ounce of pleasure up here- this amazing life you experience moment to moment without the spiritual accomplishments below. By definition it is a life of seeing through the illusion -choosing reality amidst the falsehood, the good amidst the evil, the eternal versus the expedient, choosing to love others versus oneself. A moment of struggle will net an eternal reward of pleasure.

How will I know that this is all true what you are saying God? When I send you down below your heart and soul will always be driven and know that you were created for the ultimate pleasure - Your soul will pine for love, perfection, goodness, peace, harmony, oneness, Unity, beauty, truth and - and you will if you are honest will see that the physical world of earth will not be able to give that satisfaction to you. No matter how many parties, how many girls, no matter how much wealth, nothing in the physical earth will truly satisfy you. No matter what the world offers you you will be left wanting. That unquenchable thirst will be a thirst of wanting to know me, love me, be with me, - you can only touch it on earth but as sure as you are now herein heaven and I am speaking with you-know that you always want to be with me. Remember that I am telling you all of your worldly challenges will net result in you higher and higher pleasures with me up here.

To be continued - No-one is home except for Denise - (not even the 4 and 7 year olds who slept out for shabbos and tonight) -Time for us to spend time together. To be continued tomorrow Gd willing

No comments:

Post a Comment