Monday, June 24, 2013

More about Fear -Part 2

What is it about fear that skews your thoughts? It's about not having things the way you want them to be. It's about things being different than the script that you would have written. It's not having what you want, when you want it and how you want it. Fear of loosing what you have and how things are for you - fear of not getting back what you lost - fears that breed despair, discontent, desperation.....

It's a lack of real and true trust in Hashem. Things are at this moment what they should be. Nothing more, nothing less. If things were meant to be different at this moment they would be.
You have what you need-right now! - You have security of a loving father in heaven who at every moment is embracing you - giving you exactly what you need. If things change, he is never not in charge. He knows exactly what is going on and why! You are never alone - and never alone with you stuff, challenges and difficulties. If things change for you - no fear - Hashem is here
Our vulnerability is in direct correlation to how much trust in God is real to us.

Yes wee are put in this world to make something of ourselves. We are directed in the Torah to earn our existence, earn our reward -take responsibility for our lives. Self creation - turn ourselves into God like human beings which requires constant effort, motivation, striving, discipline etc- So much goes into being good, doing good - living a life of meaning. And this is the best case scenario. Less than this so many of us are caught striving for the trappings of what the world tells us is success, happiness and pleasure. - So many things are inescapable such as status, recognition, and the pedestal that our job, synagogue, volunteer position etc puts us on.

In any event,it's all hard when only the effort is in our hands and the results are not. No matter how much we try, scheme, plan, set goals, work, - in the end of the day -it's not in our hands. How is my life supposed to be all about me, my hard work, my effort- my responsibility to make something of myself yet it's only the effort that is mine - whether it happens -is not up to me.

And I have to happy no matter what the outcome is.

Fear of not becoming - fear of not being who I should be - fear of not what I think others thing I should be- fear of not producing, contributing, - The more it's all up to me, the more that God is not in the picture- the less trust I have for God - The more vulnerable I am, the more vulnerable .... underneath it all the more fear I really have..... why ..... insecurity -

I'm not just okay no matter what the situation is - I should be
Being not fearful depends upon me trusting every moment that Hashem knows what he is doing - I have nothing to lose - everything is the way it should be at this moment -nothing more and nothing less.

I am not in charge - Someone else is -
If he wants me to seen as unsuccessful -so be it it is his will - I'm not unsuccessful -I tried my best- "OH I am seen as unsuccessful" - take it up with my boss.

Some Rabbi somewhere in the Talmud came upon a man who was ugly and he made such a comment. The man replied in a sense I wish I could take it personally - but my maker made me this way.

When you trust in God - you don't have insecurities- you don"t have fear - it's all good

No comments:

Post a Comment