Friday, January 2, 2015

Green Speech #19

Green Speech #19

Loshon Hara isn’t just another bad behavior, such as showing anger or insensitivity. Though these, too, destroy the fabric of one’s soul, Loshon hora is in a class by itself. When one speaks Loshon hora, he transgresses an explicit negative commandment in the Torah,

 “You shall not go as a peddler of gossip among your people” (Vayikra 19:16).


As one of the 613 commandments, the sin of speaking Loshon hora should be approached with the severity we attach to eating non-kosher food. Just because we do it doesn't make it all right.

So too just like even if we eat non-kosher food but an opportunity to eat Kosher food presents itself - you shouldn't say since I eat Non-Kosher food, it doesn't really matter for me to eat the Kosher food in front of me.

It matters every time I try to refrain from Loshon Hara even if I speak Loshon hara most of the time

No comments:

Post a Comment